This video shows a whole body exercise that will improve flexibility and strengthen legs, hips, and abs. No equipment required.
This exercise is an effective way to:
- Stretch and strengthen your legs
- Active hamstrings stretch
- Mobilise hips, strengthen buttocks muscles
- Improve abdominal strength
- Improve coordination
- Improve balance
- Energise and rejuvenate whole body
- Improve body awareness
- Improve your ability to squat in full range of motion
- Stand upright, move body weight onto your heels
- Squat all the way to the ground and sit down
- Raise your feet up to stretch the backs of your legs, try to straighten your knees
- Balance with arms and legs up, keep the abdominal muscles pulled inwards, face and neck relaxed
- Place your feet back on the ground, push your feet into the floor to stand up and return to starting position
- Try to keep the movement smooth from one position into another, focus on controlling the movement downwards
- Try to keep your arms stretched forward throughout throughout this exercise
- Breathe normally, keep your neck and face relaxed
- Pay attention to your body alignment, keep your shoulders and hips level.
- When learning this exercise, you can use the arms to help you get into positions and balance, but try to progress to working with arms up.
- An easier version of this exercise is to sit down on a chair or a bench; gradually progress by lowering the bench, until you’re able to squat all the way to the ground.
- Read more at www.solangtherapy.com/blog
- This is not a medical advice and should not be used that way. This video was created to demonstrate exercise technique and not as your personal exercise prescription. If you experience any pain or uncomfortable symptoms, stop immediately and contact your healthcare professional.