This video shows how to strengthen buttock muscles and improve body awareness in lumbar-pelvic area.
This exercise is an effective way to:
- Strengthen buttock muscles, gluteus maximus and gluteus medius
- Improve awareness of lumbar-pelvic region
- Improve posture and awareness of abdominal muscles
- Mobilize and strengthen hips
- Start lying down on your back with knees bend and spine in neutral position
- Cross one leg over the other with ankle to knee
- Lift the hips up and slowly lower back to the ground
- Use the muscles of your leg and buttock
- Maintain neutral position of spine throughout the movement
- Repeat 10 times for each leg
- Pay attention to your body alignment; maintain neutral position of spine, pelvis, ribcage, and head.
- Focus on using leg and buttock muscles when moving and try not to crunch (shorten) your abs.
- This is not a medical advice and should not be used that way. This video was created to demonstrate exercise technique and not as your personal exercise prescription. If you experience any pain or uncomfortable symptoms, stop immediately and contact your healthcare professional.