This video shows a whole body functional exercise that can be done anywhere with no equipment needed. Regular practice will keep the body young, flexible and toned. Standing up from ground is one of essential human movements that can become difficult as we age and become less flexible. Keep your body young and capable by adding this simple move into your daily movement routine.
This exercise is an effective way to:
- Improve and maintain flexibility
- Stretch and tone legs and hips muscles
- Improve core strength and tone abdomen
- Improve balance
- Keep the body young
- Lift your arms out to the sides
- Sit down and stand up from floor
- Try to keep your arms up and/or use as little support as necessary
- If you’re unable to keep your arms up while doing this exercise, use your arms for support and progress gradually
- Notice which leg initiates the movement, and try doing the same with the other leg
- Repeat 5 times for each leg
- For an easier option of this exercise, use a low chair to sit down and stand up while keeping your arms up
- This is not a medical advice and should not be used that way. This video was created to demonstrate exercise technique and not as your personal exercise prescription. If you experience any pain or uncomfortable symptoms, stop immediately and contact your healthcare professional.